September 9, 2016

Nearing the Finish Line..

The finish line is approaching (although the work will continue forever) and I'm actually trying to throw a blog post together before I lose the use of my computer for a week.  We are moving to the new house starting today...eeek!  That's so exciting!! 
Our house on the left and Pat and Donna's on the right.


  Pat and Donna have moved in and become the first official residents of Chuckwagon Ln.!   They have a beautiful house, barn and a lot of pole fencing.  They are on speed mode because they have a wedding there in two weeks!

The many finishing touches have been happening all week.

Last weekend the granite guy showed up with most of the granite but he didn't bring the big island piece since he didn't have enough help to install it.  It was a holiday weekend and we were really lucky they could install any of it in the first place.  Mike told him, if he'd go back and get the island piece, he would have help here to carry it in and set it in place.  So he did!  


It was SO heavy!  Pat, Travis and Mike helped them and every few minutes I'd run out from where I was hiding because I just couldn't watch and take a picture. The installer said it was a really scary install job but the non expert helpers did great.  Whew!   Glad it's in and although it's pretty crazy granite, we really like it.

Once the granite was in, I went to work tiling the backsplash in the kitchen in a basic white subway tile with soft gray grout.  I made a few boo boos (what's new?) but overall I'm so happy with it.
  

Mike finished up the exterior barn wood siding on the front of the house.  We will have siders come and finish the rest in a traditional grey painted lap siding with batt and board in the gables.  There is a little more barn wood on the back of the house and on the barn for him to finish up.  




The blacktop has been poured and not only looks awesome, it's helping to keep some of the dust and dirt out of the house. 
He also finished installing all the LVP floors in the master and guest room baths.


The finish guys came and caulked all the baseboards, built the stair railing and the painter has been in doing touch up and stained the mantel. 


Sen, the plumber, and his brothers came and trimmed out the plumbing.  Such fun to have sinks on the dressers I bought months ago.  Mike had to do some special carpentry to make the drawers still work around the plumbing.  I've mentioned how talented and awesome he is, haven't I?


Unfortunately the plumbers will have to come back after we move in to install fixtures in the two tiled showers.  The tiler is still plugging along in there.  We actually have floors tiled in the showers and he thinks the walls will be done by the end of next week.  Patience.  Patience. Patience.
.






And one of our favorite finds has finally found it's home in our master bathroom.  


This is the old 1921 Kohler claw foot tub that Mike tracked down from an ad on Craigslist.  He found it in a pasture being used as a water trough.  He had it cleaned up and powder coated. I sprayed the feet silver and whalaah!  It looks like it was meant to be there!  The funny thing is neither of us are "bath people", but this is so dang cute, I may convert!

I can't believe I didn't take any pics of the lights, or as my friend Dani calls them, the "jewelry".  The electricians have been out there for the last three days putting up the jewelry...love it!  You'll have to hold on until next time to see the pictures.

The metal roofers have put the last bits of metal roofing up and finally....


CARPET!!!!


With all of this going on the last week, plus all of the packing at the rental house, it may be a little surprising I have time to sit back on the front porch and take a photo like this of one of the beautiful vistas. It just can't be helped.  
Before I know it, I'm stopping to take a moment to take it all in and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us and find a few minutes to sit quietly and express my gratitude for the blessing this experience has been.  Okay..time to get back to work!

Next time...a big surprise from P and D for M and C!  Here's a teaser...


1 comment:

  1. I cannot WAIT to see it! I hope we have time to come see you when we're in Boise.

    ReplyDelete