April 19, 2016

Time to Clear the Building Lots

While we are waiting for our building permit to come back and the road to go in, things have been happening.

Picture a house sitting here.


The trenches for power, cable and phone were all backfilled and even more exciting is the places where the house and barn will sit on each lot was cleared and evened out. 

Picture a barn sitting here.


Pat took some pictures from the plane on Sunday and it gives you a pretty amazing view of just how the places will sit on the property and how nearby the river is.  
You can also see the big area that the horse herd guy has plowed and planted with hay.  Most of that is on another piece of property but a little bit is on ours.  We like that, it will be green all summer!




It makes me squeak with joy when I see progress like that.  For all the times, we've wondered if this could really happen, seeing a spot where the house will actually sit, makes it seem like YES...this IS going to happen!!   Eeeek! (that's a happy squeak).

The clearing near the top of the picture is our place, the clearing near the bottom are P. and D.'s place.
In other news...I bought a piece of furniture for the new house.   My love of antique and vintage furniture has me searching craigslist, eBay and several consignment stores on a "more than I'd like to admit" basis.  I love a piece of furniture with history and the character that the scars of a well lived and sometimes well loved life, give it.

I've been searching for an old welsh cupboard to put some of my favorite dishes and such from our travels.  I have the perfect place in the dining room for it.  

On a whim, as we were driving through Salt Lake City last weekend for a wedding, I jumped on the KSL Classified website and saw one exactly like I've been looking for.  We had time, so we swung by the cute little shop named The Old Flamingo in the Millcreek area and ran in to take a look.  It was the exact measurements that it needed to be for that space.  The hutch section is tad narrower than I'd like but for the price and the condition it was in...I just couldn't resist.  



We did have one problem that needed to be solved.  My eyes were bigger than my car!  There was no way we would be able to get it home.  I quickly ran through my options.  Let's see...my brother in West Jordan has a truck, my other brother lives in Midvale and has space in his garage.  If we had to, we could borrow the truck, take it to my brother's garage, and then pick it up at a later time in our truck.  Hmmmmm...one other option that Mike thought of was that our son comes to SLC quite often to buy cars from the area auctions.  Maybe he had a truck that needed to be brought back to Boise??  

We quickly made a few calls and sure enough, my brother offered to help and our son said his company planned to buy a truck the next morning and we could drive it back for them (with a welsh cupboard in the back haha!)



Well, it all worked out thanks to my sweet brother and my nephew who drove over the next afternoon and helped us load the piece in his truck and then they drove up to Bountiful where we were to pick up the other truck.  


They moved it from one truck to the other and wallah....we were finally on our way.   

This week we will continue to chase around getting bids from all of the subcontractors while we wait for the building permit to be approved.

The neighbors have that step accomplished, so they are just waiting for the road to go in.  They may be putting their foundation in before that happens...stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment